The mojito was born in Cuba and since the 1980’s has become one of the more fashionable tropical cocktails in the world. In the last years it has experimented a big growth. There are a lot of variants.
- 1 and 1/2 Oz white rum
- 1 Oz fresh lime juice
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons of white sugar
- Soda or sparkling water
- Add the 6 mint leaves, the lime juice and the sugar in a mortar and crush the mixture. (The mint leaves should only be bruised to release the essential oils and should not be shredded).
- Add the white rum and the mixture in the Bartender Soul cocktail shaker and mix to dissolve the sugar and to lift the mint leaves up from the bottom.
- Finally, add the mixture in a glass, fill the glass with ice cubes and add the soda / sparkling water.
- The mint leaves and the lime wedges are used to garnish the glass.