This cocktail is very similar to Margarita. It's basically the same drink but one uses cognac and lemon whereas the other, uses tequila and lime. The origins of the drink are hazy but it is thought that it has been invented around the end of World War I in either London or Paris. Early recipes called for equal amounts of the three ingredients. Now the proportions of the ingredients can be different to find the mix that's right for your taste.
- 2 Oz cognac, armagnac or good brandy
- 1 Oz Cointreau
- 1 Oz fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Sugar for garnish (optional)
- Add 3-4 ice cubes to the Bartender Soul shaker and pour brandy, triple-sec, and lemon juice using a ratio of 2:1:1 (2 oz brandy, 1 oz triple-sec, 1 oz lemon juice).
- Shake for 10 seconds and Strain into the chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with orange wheel or lemon twist and serve.
Optional: You can garnish the lip of the glass with sugar and chill the glass in your freezer.