Similar to a Tom Collins but the John Collins is made with bourbon whiskey instead of gin, and mixes in lemon juice, simple syrup and club soda to make a refreshing cocktail.
- 2 Oz bourbon
- 1 Oz lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 3 Oz club soda
- Combine bourbon, lemon juice, and simple syrup (sugar) in a cocktail shaker.
- Add 1 cup ice, cover and shake until chilled.
- Fill a collins glass most of the way with ice cubes and strain the mixture into it.
- Pour in the club soda and stir.
- Garnish with slice of orange and lemon and a maraschino cherry.