It is the classic cocktail, made with rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters. Being one of the finest and oldest cocktails, this is a true classic cocktail. The Manhattan was the first cocktail that used vermouth as a modifier. As with other cocktails, people preferences drive slight variations of the drink.
- 2 Oz rye whiskey
- 2 Oz sweet vermouth
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- Cocktail glass
- Garnish: 2 Maraschino cherries
- Pour the whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters into a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir until you notice shaker is really cold.
- Place a maraschino cherry in chilled cocktail glass.
- Strain the content of the shaker over cherries and serve immediately.