The Paloma is the most popular tequila based cocktail in Mexico. This drink is most commonly prepared by mixing tequila with grapefruit flavored soda and served on the rocks with a lime wedge. It's refreshing and thirst quenching. It's a light, fruity drink with a great fizz and one of the smoothest tequila drinks out there. Almost any white tequila works well in combination with the grapefruit. It is also seen with grapefruit juice and a splash of soda.
- 2 Oz white tequila
- 6 Oz fresh grapefruit soda
- 1/2 Oz lime juice
- Salt for rimming (optional)
- Pour some kosher salt on a plate.
- Rub half of rim of a highball glass with a grapefruit wedge; dip rim of glass in salt.
- Mix the grapefruit juice, tequila and sugar syrup in the shaker until well mixed.
- Fill the glass with ice
- Add the tequila and lime juice and top up with soda water or grapefruit soda
- Garnish with grapefruit wedge.