Sangria is the most famous cocktail in Spain. This drink is elaborated with fresh fruit and wine. The beauty of the Sangria recipe is that it is delicious ad very easy to prepare. There are a lot of different types. Here it's the basic recipe but you may innovate with additional ideas: sliced strawberries, diced peaches, a handful of fresh blueberries, raspberries, kiwi slices, a shot or two of gin, brandy or rum, a cup of ginger ale, citrus soda or fresh squeezed lime juice.
- 3 1/4 cups (26 fl. oz) dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Juice of orange
- Juice of lemon
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 large orange, sliced thin crosswise
- 1 large lemon, sliced thin crosswise
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz) club soda
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large pitcher and add more red wine, orange juice or lemonade according to taste and desired strength.
- Add sugar and brandy, slice fruit and drop into a large pitcher.
- Refrigerate until the drink is chilled and the flavors are blended, 4 to 8 hours.
- Immediately before serving, mix in the club soda for added fizz. Then serve it in chilled, ice-filled wineglasses.